What to Expect
Checking In With You
- When you arrive at Heather Mountain Lodge, we ask that you only enter the lodge if you are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been exposed to the virus.
- Anytime you enter the main lodge, you will be greeted by one of our staff at the front desk who will take care of your needs, everything from checking in, to escorting you to your seat in the dining room, lounge or patio.
- Entrance to the main lodge will be restricted to the main front doors only.
- Anyone that is visibly unwell at any point, will not be permitted to enter the lodge until cleared to do so.
- COVID-19 protocol signage will be posted in various locations around the premises. We ask that you observe these protocols.
What if I feel unwell?
- Any guest who presents with COVID-19 symptoms will be required to follow BC Health guidelines and get tested. There is a COVID-19 testing facility at our local Golden Hospital and we will be happy to help you arrange testing. A negative test result will allow you to return to Heather Mountain Lodge and continue your stay.
Sharing Best Day Evers, from 2m apart
We follow the BC COVID-19 regulations for physical distancing and wearing masks when distancing is not possible, at all times, including;
- Inside the lodge, all guests and staff will be required to wear a mask unless seated at their assigned seating in the dining room and lounge.
- Masks are not required to be worn at your dining table, however we request you wear your mask when leaving your table to visit the washroom or move around the room.
- All guests and staff will be required to wear a mask when the 2m distancing can not be achieved, even while outside.
- Masks are required to be worn in the outside corridor when travelling between the Inn and the Main Lodge, due to its narrow nature.
- When hiking with people from your cohort, mask wearing is optional. However, 2m distancing must be maintained between your guide and your group and when that is not possible, masks must be worn.
- When hiking with people outside of your cohort, 2m+ distancing must be maintained and masks worn when this is not possible.
- We understand that the outside environment presents less risk of Covid-19 however, due to the high respiratory nature of hiking, caution must be exercised.
- The dining room will be set up with tables configured appropriately to suit room capacity.
- The patio will also be set up to accommodate potential overcapacity as well as our guests desire to dine outside.
- In order to facilitate our COVID-19 protocols, our traditional breakfast service will be plated and served to you by our kitchen staff.
- When hiking, you will take your own packed lunch and drinks out in the field with you. Your guide will find appropriate spots to refuel during your day. There will be no shared food or drinks.
- When dining in the lodge, your lunch will be served to you by our kitchen staff or server at your assigned table in the dining room.
- Apres will be served in the dining room and guests will be seated at their assigned tables.
- Dinner will be plated service.
- Any liquor and service restrictions mandated by the Province of BC will be followed.
Getting Ready in the Morning for Your Adventures in the Field
- HML is excited to now provide you your own personalized, assigned seating in our boot room.
- Each assigned bench seat provides you a location to store your field equipment during your stay. It also serves to stow away your street shoes and anything else you desire, while out in the field.
- When you arrive, your assigned numbered backpack and trekking poles will be waiting for you at your assigned seat.
- All cleaning standards set by the BC Health Officer will be met and where possible exceeded.
- This includes, but is not limited to, a detailed set of daily cleaning and sterilization protocols for:
- High touch surfaces
- Backpacks, trekking poles
- Public washrooms
- Staff quarters
- All rooms will be sanitized before each new arrival.
- Common areas will be sanitized on a set daily schedule and as needed.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all common areas.
Massage, Hot Tub and Sauna
- Massage will be by appointment only and the schedule will allow for time in between appointments for room sanitizing.
- The hot tub and sauna will be open for use on a reservation basis. No more than 4 people will be allowed in the hot tub or sauna at one time and will be scheduled, based on your cohort.
- When requiring the final deposit, if requested, we will provide guests with our latest update of our COVID-19 operational policies.
- Our operational policies are non-negotiable requirements for participation. If you cannot or will not comply with our policies we ask that you accept our generous refund policy.
- Our COVID-19 plan is being updated regularly. Please check our website for the latest updates one week before your arrival.
A Final Word
Our company’s goal is to provide a healthy environment for both holidaying (guests) and working (employees). In many cases, we see this as an opportunity to increase our services rather than services being taken away. Our company has invested significant resources and will continue to do so, to ensure we continue to provide COVID-19 conscious services based on the latest science and resources whilst maintaining a welcoming and fun holiday.