The health & safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. As a shared responsibility, we ask everyone (guests and staff) to be diligent in following our guidelines.
As the global health crisis and recovery evolves, the policies and initiatives presented here will likely change. The situation is very fluid. At all times we will follow all guidance for commercial operations in British Columbia provided by Dr. Bonnie Henry, the BC Health Officer, the BC Centre of Disease Control and Transport Canada. We are confident that we will meet and in many cases, exceed these regulatory standards.
Our leadership team along with our medical director have developed government approved procedures and protocols for all aspects of our business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Covid-19 Safety Plan was initially reviewed and approved by GO2HR, a government appointed third party reviewer in collaboration with WorkSafe BC on February 17, 2021. Moving forward, we will begin to transfer our Covid Safety Plan to our Communicable Disease Plan.
What to Expect
- The Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments have madefull vaccination mandatory in order to travel to Canada (see Sept 7th International Travel Restrictions)
- In addition, vaccination is also mandatory to be a patron of any licensed restaurant in British Columbia (see Sept 10th Health Order), andtherefore is a requirement for Great Canadian Heli-Skiing / Heather Mountain Lodge guests for this upcoming 2021/20222 season.
- More information can be found here: COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders
Arriving at the Lodge
- When you arrive at Heather Mountain Lodge and Great Canadian Heliskiing, we ask that you only enter the lodge if you are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been exposed to the virus.
- Anytime you enter the main lodge, you will be greeted by one of our staff at the front desk who will take care of all your needs.
- Anyone that is visibly unwell at any point, will not be permitted to enter the lodge or join activities until cleared to do so.
- COVID-19 protocol signage will be posted in various locations around the premises. We ask that you observe these protocols.
- You will be assigned a number upon arrival. This number will correspond to your assigned seating in the Boot Room, your transceiver, pack and radio number as well as other potential designated seating.
Sharing Best Day Evers – Physical Distancing and Masks
We follow the latest BC Covid-19 regulations for physical distancing and wearing masks when distancing is not possible. These regulations are continually evolving and can be found here: BC Province Wide Covid-19 Restrictions
Getting Ready in the Morning for Shredding in the Field
- GCH is excited to provide you your own personalized, assigned seating in the boot room.
- Each assigned bench seat provides you a location to store your field equipment during your stay. It also serves to stow away your street shoes and anything else you desire, while out in the field.
- When you arrive for skiing in the morning, your assigned numbered backpack, radio and transceiver will be delivered to your personalized seating area.
Massage, Hot Tub and Sauna
- Massage will be by appointment only and the schedule will allow for time in between appointments for room sanitizing.
- No more than 4 people will be allowed in the hot tub or sauna at one time and will be scheduled, based on your heli/guest bubble.
What if I feel unwell?
- Any person who presents with COVID-19 symptoms will be required to follow BC Health guidelines and get tested. There is a COVID-19 testing facility at our local Golden Hospital and we will be happy to help you arrange testing. A negative test result will allow you to return to Heather Mountain Lodge and Great Canadian Heliskiing and continue your vacation.
- When requiring the Final Deposit, we advise our guests to check for the latest COVID-19 policy updates on our website.
- Our COVID-19 operational policies are non-negotiable requirements for participation.
- Please see our revised 2021/2022 Booking and Cancellation Policy
- Our COVID-19 plan is being updated regularly. Please check our website for the latest updates within one week of your arrival.
A Final Word
Our company’s goal is to provide a healthy environment for both holidaying (guests) and working (employees). In many cases, we see this as an opportunity to increase our services rather than services being taken away. Our company has invested significant resources and will continue to do so, to ensure we continue to provide COVID-19 conscious services based on the latest science and resources whilst maintaining a welcoming and fun holiday.