Here you are, ready to slay some powder at Great Canadian Heli-Skiing. Maybe it’s your first heli-skiing trip, your longest, or you’re new to the whole unlimited vertical concept. Regardless, we find that most of our guests appreciate our six recovery tips for maximizing their stay and comfort.
1. Drink… and we’re not talking about booze! We’re all about the Wooly Toque lounge, chowing down on powder and enjoying a fine glass with meals, but water is going to be a #1 way to keep your body tuned. Hydration at elevation, especially when giv’n’er, is key. Try to consume a minimum of 2 litres per day.
2. Pace Yourself. Don’t dig yourself into a deep ditch on day one. Remember that there is more epic-ness to come and you don’t want to be riding in the heli later… especially if there is snow in the forecast! If you’re getting tired, take a run off – ask your guide which runs are the “must not miss” and sit a couple of the others out. We’re all on the same team, trying to maximize the fun!
3. Stretch. Great Canadian Heli-Skiing offers guided stretching classes every morning. Go. Don’t think you’ll get it done on your own. The classes are very welcoming and gentle – no need to worry about traumatic yoga injuries! Stretching is a great way to warm up your body for a day of skiing.
4. Get a Massage. You’re on vacation! Take advantage of the massage therapy available at the lodge. This will improve blood flow to your muscles, speed recovery, and feel darn good! There’s no shame in being so relaxed you fall asleep on the table.
5. Sauna. This goes hand in hand with drinking water, stretching and getting a massage. Sauna’s boost blood circulation (especially if you go for the snow roll between sessions), help you sweat out the stress of work and the beers you may have consumed the night before, and ours provides a perfect venue for sharing stories of your day.
6. Smile. Just like stretching warms you up for day of heli-skiing, smiling stretches your face, opens your mind, and builds the stoke of the entire group. If you want to enjoy one of your best days of heli-skiing, start it with a smile (high-fives don’t hurt, either).
Great Canadian Heli-Skiing is a boutique Heli-Skiing operation located next to Rogers Pass, Revelstoke and Golden, in British Columbia, Canada. Offering flexible packages, unlimited vertical and small groups of 4, Great Canadian Heli-Skiing is an ideal winter vacation destination for visitors looking for an epic powder experience.